10 Easy Brunch Recipes to Make for Mother’s Day
Why go big for Mother’s Day when you can go home… with these super-easy, super-delicious brunch recipes? Sure, she loves that one local spot, but not as much as she’ll love the effort behind a homemade spread. So to help you treat Mom to something truly special (read: insanely delicious), we’ve rounded up 10 easy-to-make brunch recipes from around the web.
Also, check this from our friends! Unique Mother’s Day Gifts
1. Blood Orange and Champagne Mimosas This already simple recipe gets a flavor boost with blood orange soda. Blood oranges are a tart upgrade from an orange, so OJ’s benefits—tons of vitamin C and potassium—stay put.
2. Root Vegetable Hash A healthier hash? Yes, please. Toss baby red potatoes, carrots, leeks, and beets in a little olive oil before roasting for an equally, if not more, satisfying side dish.
3. Whole Wheat Coffee Cake Muffins This is definitely a contender for the ultimate two-in-one recipe. And since whole wheat flour isn’t as heavily processed as white flour, there’s added fiber and vitamins. Score!
4. Chocolate Chip Orange Sweet Rolls Treat the fam to this creative take on crescent rolls. Cinnamon, orange zest, and chocolate chips fold nicely into the dough, while the DIY, citrusy glaze brings it home.
5. Spinach, Artichoke, and Sun-Dried Tomato Fritatta Here’s a flavorful frittata that errs on the classic menu side. Main ingredients—spinach, artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes—pair perfectly with fresh basil and feta. It’s truly egg-cellent.
6. Mini Blueberry German Pancakes What’s better than traditional breakfast fare? OK maybe a few things, but it’s pretty darn good. This easy recipe delivers personalized portions of pancakes topped with a superfood blueberry sauce. You’re welcome.
7. Almond Oat Banana Crepes Crepe batter gets a little lighter in this recipe, thanks to almond meal and fiber-filled oats. Shaping crepes in a pan may be a challenge, but that’s what extra fruit and Nutella (mmm, Nutella) are for.
8. Skillet Huevos Rancheros Standard brunch fare was established for a reason (It’s freakin’ delicious!) and Huevos Rancheros certainly fits the bill. This healthier version dials back the portion size and is vegetarian friendly (but still very hearty). The best part: You can make it inless than 30 minutes and add in any stray veggies in your refreigerator to boost nutritional value even more.
9. Cinnamon Bun Raisin Scones These scones are basically cinnamon raisin buns given a healthier makeover. Smart ingredient swaps like whole wheat flour and almond milk offer the same buttery taste minus the, well, butter.
10. Peanut Butter and Banana Waffles Is mom vegan? These waffles are too! (Though we highly recommend them for non-vegans as well.) Protein-packed peanut butter never disappoints in the flavor department and will also keep your guest of honor satisfied ’till dinner.
What’s your go-to brunch recipe? Share in the comments below or tweet us @greatist!